Scottish Coastal Rowing Association AGM
29th October 2016
6.00 p.m. start (Coffee/tea & biccies available from 5.30 p.m.)
Location: Loch Tummel Sailing Club Clubhouse
2. Minutes of Last Meeting (SCRA AGM 24th October 2015)
3. Matters Arising
4. Treasurer’s Report
Motion to be voted upon: “To set subscriptions to SCRA for 2016/2017 at £60 per club, with a rebate of £20 per club available to small clubs of less than 20 members ”
5. Convener’s Report
6. Election of Officers and Committee
7. Skiffieworlds Report and Survey Feedback
8. International Association Update
9. Measurement Rules update:
Motion to be voted upon:-
“St Ayles Skiffs have a great variety of oars and oarlock systems and feedback to the committee on balance shows a desire to move towards a more tightly specified design so that all rowers are competing with the same effective equipment. We propose that an international group be set up, to consult widely and propose a common design for oars and oarlocks, to be trialled over the 2017 season with a view to reporting on any recommendations (including recommendations for any transitional arrangements) to National Associations by October 2017.”
10. Any Other Business – items under this heading must be advised to the Secretary no later than the 17th October and must be submitted by clubs only. Any submissions under this category must be in the form of a motion.
Election of Officers and Committee:
Member Clubs shall send their nominations for the committee to the
Secretary by the 10th October 2016
Please pass suggestions for items for the Agenda to the Secretary by 17th October.
The AGM is a meeting of clubs. We can only guarantee space for two representatives per club. Anyone speaking at the AGM is speaking on behalf of and as instructed by their clubs. It is therefore helpful if clubs have discussed any of the issues that are going to arise in advance of the AGM.
Read the posts on